Preventive Dentistry for Larchmont Families
It is often stated that preventive care is often the best medicine. Your smile is no different! By properly practicing good oral habits and being diligent on your cleanings and check-ups with us at our Larchmont practice, you not only save time at your appointments but also save money in the long run since you would be less likely to receive a more advanced procedure.
Let Comprehensive Dental Group treat you and your family and set you up for a lifetime of healthy smiles!
Dental Exams in Larchmont
The American Dental Association recommends to have a dental checkup at lease twice a year, though those with a history of oral issues may need to go more. Your visit at our Larchmont practice gives Comprehensive Dental Group the opportunity to assess your oral health and treat any issues before they become exacerbated.
We help by providing:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc
Dental Cleanings in Larchmont
Dental Cleanings greatly reduce your chances of gum disease and tooth decay. We help by providing:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing and scaling.
Besides routine exams and cleanings we can also provide the following preventative dental services for you:
- Dental X-Rays
- Panoramic X-Rays
- Digital X-Rays
- Oral Cancer Exams
- Fluoride Treatments
- And more!
Contact Us Today